Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Jobs at Egbin Power Plc and Recruitment
Job Identification: 191
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for tracking, receiving and stocking all items ordered
- Carry out packing, warehousing and storage duties in preparation for shipment
- Support the management of third-party logistics service providers
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Research on ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Assist in drafting metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure optimum cost savings on all logistics-related activities by providing and exploring available tax exemption windows
- Liaise with the relevant authorities for import and other statutory clearances required for procurement and imports
- Develop and maintain good relationships with customs, shipping/logistics agents and port authorities
- Assist in the coordination with transporters and freight agents for the timely delivery of goods
- Prompt processing of permits for clearance of Imported Consignments and payment of duties and taxes.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Transportation, or Engineering
- Postgraduate degrees or certifications in logistics, supply chain or any relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working technical knowledge of mechanical and non-mechanical materials
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Knowledge of warehousing and storage
- Market and vendor knowledge for contract management.
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online