Jaza is a solar energy start-up working to power Sub-Saharan Africa. We build solar-powered shops which charge batteries customers use to power their homes. In 2022, we achieved over 1.5 million battery swaps, providing approximately 186,000 people access to clean, affordable energy.
Jaza Energy Recruitment and Jobs
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
Locations: Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Osun & Oyo
- To support this rapid expansion, we are seeking exceptional Regional Coordinators to oversee the launch of new Hubs, drive their growth and profitability, and empower our Hub Managers.
- As a Regional Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting Hub Managers who oversee hub operations and manage Jaza Stars (the people who actually run the hubs).
- Although the initial focus of the role will be on people management, there will be a gradual shift in responsibilities towards crafting and executing specific strategies to meet the distinct needs of the region.
- This role requires significant travel within Nigeria, as Jaza is expanding across the South-West states, with 21 hubs currently located in Oyo State.
- This role provides an excellent opportunity for senior professionals looking to improve upon their project & people management skills and contribute directly to the critical growth stage of a business.
- The ideal candidate is someone with a strong entrepreneurial mindset, leadership capabilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage overall regional performance, which involves overseeing regional sales and customer acquisition, inventory management, and ensuring effective energy system management (i.e hubs functionality).
- Lead and coach Hub Managers on best practices for sales, customer acquisition & retention, and inventory management through regular training and professional development initiatives.
- Oversee the operational activities of the Hub Managers in your region, ensuring that they are meeting and exceeding hub performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through consistent evaluation.
- Prepare & present regular reports to reflect regional performance.
- Serve as a Jaza ambassador, embodying and championing our mission, values, and culture. Your role extends beyond daily tasks, encompassing the responsibility to promote our organizational ethos both internally and externally.
Who you are
- You have a background and/or experience in Sales, Project Management, Customer Relations or other related fields.
- Proven people management experience and strong leadership capabilities. You have led, managed or trained a team for a significant amount of time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Bonus points if you have prior experience managing a distributed team of field staff, inventory or other logistically complex operations.
- You are excited about our mission of increasing access to energy and employment for women.
- Note: We do not care about your educational background. It’s more important to us that you’re ambitious and driven to succeed.
Why you should apply
- Be part of the most exciting growth phase of a company.
- Work with great teammates in an international environment. Our team is spread across Canada, USA, China, Tanzania, and Nigeria. You’ll be interfacing with our Director of Operations regularly.
- Gain hands-on experience. Although we are a startup, we don’t expect you to just figure it out alone. You’ll be given lots of responsibility but also lots of support to help you succeed.
- We offer health insurance coverage, paid annual vacation & sick leave, as well as airtime, data & transport allowance.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online