Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Jobs at Society for Family Health (SFH) and Recruitment
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in
Job Title: Adolescent and Young Persons Specialist (Anticipatory Recruitment)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Adolescent and Young Person’s (AYP) Specialist will provide technical leadership for conceptualizing and designing community-based HIV service delivery for adolescent and young persons.
- The AYP Specialist will lead delivery of prevention services to vulnerable groups, especially AYPS, provide guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for HIV prevention services including appropriate reproductive health services, gender-based violence mitigation and post violence care.
- The AYP Specialist will work closely with CBOs to ensure integration of AYP into the HIV continuum of care to support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and action plans specifically tailored for AYP HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care.
- Assist in the adaptation of evidence-based interventions suitable for diverse adolescent and young populations.
- Ensure periodic development of budget and work plan for AYP interventions, creating and sustaining a mechanism for synergy and integration of adolescent health services.
- Identify program implementing challenges, coordinate advocacy and sensitization programmes targeted at relevant gatekeepers and community stakeholders to create an enabling environment for programme implementation among the target adolescent and young persons
- Provide technical guidance and expertise on adolescent and youth-friendly services related to HIV/AIDS prevention, testing, treatment, and care.
- Ensure that interventions align with current best practices and global guidelines in AYP HIV/AIDS programming.
- Develop, source, and facilitate adoption and adaptation of technical materials for use in the implementation of Adolescent and Young Person’s Health Services (AYPHS) and coordinate the implementation of evidence-informed comprehensive Behavioural change & communication (BCC) programmes.
- Develop a Quality of Care (QoC) framework for the project with regular capacity building of state actors on the use of the QoC checklist.
- Conduct training sessions for staff and partners on AYP centered approaches in HIV/AIDS programming.
- Mentor and coach CBOs on strategies to deploy for AYP implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of training materials for healthcare providers and community workers focusing on the unique needs of AYP.
- Develop monitoring tools and indicators to track activities/interventions targeting AYP
- Collect and analyze data, prepare reports, and contribute to program evaluation to inform decision-making and improve program outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including government agencies, community-based organizations, and youth groups, to ensure effective coordination and implementation of HIV/AIDS interventions.
- Represent the organization in relevant meetings, workshops, and conferences related to AYP HIV/AIDS programming.
Qualifications / Experience
- B.Sc / Master’s Degree in Medicine, Social Science, Public Health or other related fields
- 7 years related experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring HIV/AIDS programs, with a focus on adolescents and young people
- In-depth knowledge of AYP/PMTCT/Paediatrics issues related to HIV/AIDS, including prevention, treatment, and care.
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Strong understanding of gender-responsive and rights-based approaches in adolescent health programming.
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Capacity to work in difficult conditions and function well under pressure.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online