Fidelity Bank Plc began operations in 1988 as Fidelity Union Merchant Bank Limited. By 1990, it had distinguished itself as the fastest growing merchant bank in the country. However, to leverage the emerging opportunities in the commercial and consumer end of financial services in Nigeria, in 1999, it converted to commercial banking and changed its name to Fidelity Bank Plc. It became a universal bank in February 2001, with a license to offer the entire spectrum of commercial, consumer, corporate and investment banking services.
Job Title: Team Lead, Loan Portfolio Monitoring & Reporting
Employment Type: Full time
- Provide management with up-to-date information and advice on portfolio quality, limits, mix, risk profile and yield.
- Proactively assist in managing risk/exposure for assigned portfolios ensuring compliance with Credit Policy and plans of action.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track borrowing accounts to ensure that facilities run in line with approved (limits, pricing, turnover covenant, clean-up cycle, expiration, etc.)
- Review exception reports on accounts for escalation.
- Review monthly report on the directorate loan performance for management use.
- Review quarterly report of directorate’s loan book in line with prudential guidelines.
- Review accounts to be placed on watch list for CAC meetings based on observed warning signals / triggers.
- Review transactions pre-disbursement on selected transactions
- Review inventory to ensure adequacy of product to cover exposure.
- Authorize release of stock after confirmation of payment and/or other conditions are in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum of 2.2, master’s degree, certification in Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Chartered Risk Managers Institute and other professional bodies will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years on similar role.
- Functionally reports to the Group Heads, Administratively reports to the Divisional Head.
- Any of the following: ACCA, CRMI, CIBN, PMP, ICAN
Experience / Skills:
- Must possess high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Experience or knowledge about credit risk management.
- Must have experience monitoring risk and compliance across a group of diverse obligors.
- Good knowledge of Collateral Management of Export Commodities and Oil & Gas downstream operations
- Prior experience leading a minimum of 3 team members.
- Must possess deep and practical strategic thinking abilities and robust business acumen.
- Must be detailed yet with a strong appreciation for urgency (when necessary).
- Must possess leadership skills and the capacity to drive team members to achieve set priorities.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong and charismatic individual with solid pedigree and experience managing change and building high performing teams.
- Self-assured and internally motivated individual driven to succeed and make a difference.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online