The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
The Place Recruitment – The Place Jobs
The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in
- The Cold Room Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the entire operations of the Cold Room and the supervision of Cold Room technicians assigned to the area.
Principal Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the process of picking and serving of chilled room products
- Ensure that the room is properly sanitized and adhere to the relevant standards to include food safety and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
- Oversee the operations of the forklift
- Ensure proper storage of all inventory items and to ensure that items are issued on a First In First Out (FIFO) basis
- Prepare and check off invoices
- Supervise the check – off of goods on delivery
- Receive, store, test, and ship items kept in cold storage
- Implement warehouse safety programs that specifically apply to cold storage
- Deal with customers’ questions and complaints
- Review work orders to determine forecasts so that plans can be implemented for peak delivery periods
- Create working schedules for pickups and deliveries of cold items
- Supervise staff and provide them with relevant training on all aspects of the operation
- Develop an efficient cold storage layout to maximize storage space and ease of movement within the facility
- Perform any other duties assign.
Education/ Training & Experience
- Diploma or associate degree required.
- 5 years + of work experience in related field
- Proven experience supervising teams
- Computer Literate.
Desired Attitudes And Personal Traits:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent leadership, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- High levels of initiative, adaptability, flexibility and dependability
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physically agile, able to lift heavy objects and able to work in confined spaces
Special Conditions/ Physical Demands:
- Occasional overtime work
- Working in cold environment for long hours.